Getting Unstuck

 Hello Fit Fam,



    I have been stuck. Stuck in a weird place between starting on my journey towards awesomeness and reaching said awesome goals. I sat down at the beginning of 2022 and made a list of all the amazing things that I wanted to do this year. I had just quit my full time job, moved back in with my parents (by choice not be because I had to), became a stay at home parents and made plans to start my online personal training business. I thought I was going to dive into it and pick up as many clients as possible! Then the reality of time management with a small child and setting lofty goals like starting a business set in and I had to take a step back. Maybe part of me was scared of failing so I quit before I even gotten started. I made plans to make a website and create online content to build my following but I just couldn't seem to get myself moving forward on any of my ideas. Every time I would make progress I would sit on it for a week or two thinking it was not right or I will come back later to make edits. Needless to say I kept coming back but never finishing anything. 

    This process has taught me a lot about myself and building a business. I suck at being creative. I am just not a creative person, AT ALL! I like structure and coloring inside the lines but if someone gives me a blank sheet of paper and says draw something I freeze. Starting a business is kind of like being given a very large blank sheet of paper. I have no idea where to start or what direction to go in. I didn't realize it until now but I am really good at following others. In my past jobs its not to say I didn't have some creativity or freedom to build my own ideas but the jobs were very structured and I thrived in that type of environment. 

    I will go as far as to say that I am like that in my group fitness environment too. I have found the most success in the pre-choreographed formats like BodyPump from LesMills. I do enjoy creating my own freestyle workouts but there is less stress when it comes to getting ready to teach each week with pre-choreographed classes. I think this is true in the work setting. In jobs that you have a set routine or know exactly what is needed of you day to day you can start to "float" through your work life. But in new environments or ones that you are unfamiliar with the job duties, or in my case creating my own job, it can be daunting and scary to the point you get stuck.

    I am stuck. Stuck from fear, from the unknown, from not having a template/rulebook/guidelines to follow. And for me that is scary and it has caused me to not be able to move forward. I am reading self-help books, writing out schedules, making plans on what I should do but I am still struggling to find that spark or inspiration to actually move forward. 

    I have found some excitement and joy in this blog. I don't know if it will ever actually result in anything monumental but it is fun for me. A way to put my thoughts on (electronic) paper and share it with anyone crazy enough to read my ranting thoughts. I hope to use this blog as both inspiration for my online personal training business and also as a way to showcase how my life's path is constantly changing. 

    I have learned in my 31 years that life truly is a journey and the destination is always moving forward so we might as well enjoy the ride while we can. I hope to get unstuck soon from this lovely rut that I have seemed to be in for a few weeks. I know I have the potential to do awesome and amazing things now I just have to do them. 

    So as always if you are looking for an online trainer or you know someone who needs that little push (like I did) to just get started reach out to me! Let me help you find your fit within fitness!


~ Stay Calm and Exercise On ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work, Motherhood, & Life

Hydration is Key

A Year Ago...