Searching for Something

 Hello Fit Fam,



It has been a minute. More like months. I started this blog over and over again because I wanted to educate, talk, and spread advice. I have quickly learned that I know nothing. My knowledge is kind of all over the place and consistency is not my thing when it comes to this blog. 


I want to create consistency in my life, especially with where my family is right now. I am in a season of change, and I want to get back to the basics. So, for today's long overdue blog post, I am going to talk about starting with the basics. If you are struggling with where to begin, what to do, and how to get there, let's focus on these three things. 


1) Routine - Create a routine for success. This never comes easy and takes work, constantly! You have to give yourself a schedule; the hardest part is sticking to it. This can apply to your professional life, personal life, fitness life, nutritional life, family life, you name it! I like to sit down Sunday before I start the week and write out what I need/want to complete that week. I also like to look at a monthly calendar for creating my routines. Am I perfect...no but I am getting there. I am working on creating a daily, weekly, and monthly routine for my life so I can establish consistency in my life.  


2) Sleep - If I could go back to my younger self and tell her to truly enjoy naptime I would! As children, we hated and avoided naps but now realize the importance of sleep. You whole day starts and ends with sleep. Everybody is different so the number of hours required can vary but is it still so important to every person! I find that even a 15-minute nap sometimes can help me feel rejuvenated. For nighttime sleep, I spent a long time using my phone sleep tracker and found that I need roughly 7ish hours. It can vary and there are definitely days that I do not get my 7 hours and it hurts the next day but I am always working towards perfection on this one! No one is perfect, right?


3) Movement - The most important by far! I think moving your body (and I don't mean working out) I just mean physically getting up and moving in any way shape or form is integral to a happy and healthy body. I love working out but even on my less active days, I find going outside and playing with my kid or going for a walk with my dog can get my body feeling happy!


So if you are like me and in a season of change I recommend putting 3 goals down on paper for yourself right now! They can be big or small but set yourself on the right track with 3 things you are going to change or work on daily, weekly, and monthly. Find an accountability buddy and stick with it! Reward yourself at the end. But most importantly celebrate your wins. That can be posting on social or sharing with friends and family. You are strong, powerful, and amazing! You just have to start!


Keep Calm and Exercise On,

~ Liz ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLizFitness

Work, Motherhood, & Life

Refocus on 2023 Goals