Day 1 - October Challenge

 Day 1 of my October Challenge!



I have completed day 1 of 31 days on building a better me! I had some great success and then some iffy success. I worked out, I got my hydration in, I did my mindfulness practice, I connected with my accountability buddy, but my nutrition wasn't quite on point. 

I skipped breakfast—oops. I ate a decent lunch, yay! I ate a kids' dinner—sorry, I have a 3-year-old, so making food for us sometimes means eating chicken nuggets and fries, haha!

I know nutrition is my weakest area regarding well-rounded health and well-being. I love to exercise. I LOVE water and always hydrate. I am a social butterfly. And honestly, mindfulness work has become something I love! Nutrition is just my sworn enemy! But that is the point of this lovely challenge to...challenge myself!

I want to be transparent through this process as I think people often feel like others have it all the way together when it comes to their health. No one is perfect and even the best athletes in the world still struggle to find perfection. It is a constant battle to always improve your overall health. We often fall short in one area as we succeed in another area. I have learned over my many years in fitness that you find success one step at a time. You cannot make big leaps and sustain them for very long. You have to make small changes and create habits to sustain it long-term. 

I am using October as a chance to focus on 5 aspects of my health and well-being knowing that all 5 will not be perfect for the full 31 days. I will focus on what I can to create routine and consistency so that I can remind myself every day to do better!

So on day 2, I am back at it with a renewed focus and the goal to stay consistent in my journey and always make progress forward!

Today I will eat (kind of healthy haha), exercise, chat with my buddy, hydrate (as always), and take a few minutes for mindfulness!


Keep Calm and Exercise On,

~ Liz ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLizFitness

Refocus on 2023 Goals

Work, Motherhood, & Life